today, i was talking with a friend who is looking for some new vegan dessert recipes, so i decided to pass along this gem from the angry vegan chef:
1. go to the supermarket and buy a box of brownie mix. make sure it’s vegan. the easy way to do that is to look at the ingredient list and make sure it doesn’t say in bold letters CONTAINS MILK OR EGG PRODUCTS. (By the way, thank the U.S. Congress for passing a food labeling law that simplifies the process of finding vegan food. It’s not foolproof, but it also means not having to remember all the strange milk/egg derivatives with long, long names.)
2. while you’re at the supermarket, buy a 16-oz can of unsalted, unflavored black beans.
3. go home, open the can of beans, toss it in the blender, and liquefy it.
4. throw the brownie mix in a bowl. pour in the beans, and mix well.
5. put in a square pan and follow directions for baking on brownie mix box.
6. remove from oven and enjoy your high-protein, high-fiber dessert.
skeptical? yeah. so was i until i ate it. DELICIOUS.