in our office, we’ve started a pre-thanksgiving bakeoff. every monday and friday, my coworkers will bring in dessert and we’ll taste in.
the bakeoff kicked off with “Easy Dessert,” a delicious confection that is well worth the name.
Here’s how you make it:
1. take one can of fruit pie filling (although i think that my coworker created her own by cooking some apple slices with some sugar and butter.)
2. pour into a rectangular pan.
3. take a box of yellow cake mix, and pour it on top of the fruit filling.
4. melt a stick of butter or margarine and pour it on top of the fruit filling.
5. bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until the top browns slightly.
delicious. and ridiculously easy.
after just one entry, it’s clear who’s the real winner in this bakeoff. ME.