I would love to fine people who go around talking about how great NY is compared to DC. Don’t even get me started, carpetbaggers.
Having said that, I do get jealous of New Yorkers’ culinary options, especially in the food trucks department. New York magazine compiled a list of these, and I’ve noted the ones that serve sweets. If there’s any reason for me to take up running, it would be to chase after these.
1) Cupcake Stop: Cupcakes galore. (twitter.com/cupcakestop)
2) Treats Truck: Cookies, brownies and more. (Treatstruck.com)
3) Van Leeuwen Artisan Ice Cream: Ice cream flavors that are off the beaten path. (twitter.com/VLAIC)
4) Wafels and Dinges: Just waffles. (twitter.com/waffletruck)
5) Big Gay Ice Cream Truck: This wins my award for best name and best toppings (caramelized bacon!). (twitter.com/biggayicecream)
6) Street Sweets: Brownies, scones and such. (twitter.com/streetsweets)